Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Duck & Rice | What have I been eating #3

Let's start with Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all gobbled up yummy chocolate because I sure did. Despite my lack of a sweet tooth (I much prefer savory foods, 99% of the time) I did buy myself a Lindor Easter egg which I slowly devoured (and still am) whilst I do my revision like a good university student. haha.

As we are on the topic of food, I am here to share another dose of "What have I been eating". I will be regularly posting these as I do eat out quite frequently and I like sharing the spots that I visit and  my opinions on whether me likey or not. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that I eat out so much. I know I get to try all different cuisines and restaurants, but my bank account (and my weight) is suffering a great deal. Think I will be needing a job soon, any recommendations?

In my previous posts I've featured a variety of places I've been eating from but this time I will just be sharing from the one restaurant that is "Duck & Rice", located in the Soho area. I have walked past this place several times, and I am always amazed by the building because the design of the building exterior is beautiful. Once I entered, I also fell in love with the interior; the furniture, the decor, the atmosphere, everything. It's a pub-like restaurant with a dining area serving Chinese food. A odd combo, but it works for me! Enough of me talking, I hope you enjoy these photos I've taken; I've given my 'ratings' on each dish I tried if anyone is interested.
Chrysanthemum Iced Tea | 10/10
Pan-fried Pork & Chicken leaves Gyoza | 8/10
Sichuan Vegetable Dumpling | 9/10
Crispy Shredded Beef | 7/10 & Malaysian Char Kewtio | 7/10
Black Pepper Mock Chicken | 7/10
Black Pepper Glass Noodle | 8/10
Lemon Tart | 6/10
Black Sesame Dumplings | 5/10
(Note to self: Need to bring camera out next time. iPhone 5 do not give my pictures any justice.)
As you can see, I wasn't much of a fan of the desserts. Quite disappointed but hey, the starters and mains were amazing! The atmosphere definitely adds to the experience I had. I really recommend you all to go try it :) That's all for now, but I do have some more food posts coming your way!

Thanks for reading.

No comments: