Friday, 12 August 2016

Mildred's | What have I been eating #4

I am no vegetarian or vegan, but I must say I do have my fair share of vegetarian days where I voluntarily opt out on consuming meat. Not until last year has the thought of having a vegetarian diet ever crossed my mind. With the increase of people transitioning to veganism or a plant based diet, I have definitely been exposed to restaurants serving more veggie options. With the help of Instagram, I found my now favourite vegetarian & vegan restaurant in London - Mildred's. I'm sure many have visited this amazing little spot located in Soho (Camden and King's Cross too). I just had to share their amazing food. They have awesome cocktails too!
Rose harrisa hoummus, pine nuts, spicy tempeh and chargrilled flatbread | 8/10
Pan fried halloumi, spinach and cherry tomato with balsamic glaze | 9/10
Chickpea, cauliflower and apricot tagine with quinoa tabbouleh and green harissa | 6/10
Sunblushed tomato, mozzarella and parmesan risotto cake with grape mustard sauce, wilted spinach and green beans | 8/10
The starters here are amazing. The halloumi is my favourite! Another dish that I love which isn't in these pictures is "Stir fried vegetables in shiitake, mirin, chilli, garlic and ginger with brown rice, tofu and toasted cashews". It's full of flavour yet quite light, so I definitely recommend it

Have you been here before? Let me know you're favourite dish so I can try it next time I go Mildred's. Also, I'm looking to try more veggie restaurants, so please send me some recommendations!

Thanks for reading.
Follow

No comments: